☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 (9-inch)pie shell, unbaked
1/4 cbutter, melted
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 csweetened shredded coconut, divided
2 cwhipped cream
How to Make Laura Bush's Texas Buttermilk Coconut Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and 1/2 cup shredded coconut . Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.. Let cool.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a skillet. Add remaining 1/2 cup of coconut, and toast over low heat until lightly golden.
- Garnish pie with the whipped cream. (For a lovely presentation, place whipped cream in pastry bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe the whipped cream on the pie surface.)
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the whipped cream. Chill until ready to serve.