La Grange Maple Sugar Apple Pie
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cpacked brown sugar or granulated maple sugar (375 ml)
1/2 cevaporated milk (125 ml)
1/4 cwater (60 ml)
1/3 call purpose flour (75 ml)
3 Tbspbutter, softened (45 ml)
4 cthinly sliced apples (1 l)
1unbaked 9-inch single-crust pie shell
1/2 cwalnuts, chopped (125 ml)
How to Make La Grange Maple Sugar Apple Pie
- In saucepan, stir together sugar, milk and water over medium heat until dissolved; let cool.
- In bowl and using electric mixer, beat flour with butter.
- Beat in egg until smooth; gradually beat in sugar mixture.
- Add apples, tossing to coat. Spoon into pie shell; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake in 425F (220C) oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350F (180C) and bake for 40 to 45 minutes longer or until apples are tender and filling is set.
- Let cool on rack.