La Grange Maple Sugar Apple Pie
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
- 1 1/2 c
- packed brown sugar or granulated maple sugar (375 ml)
- 1/2 c
- evaporated milk (125 ml)
- 1/4 c
- water (60 ml)
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour (75 ml)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, softened (45 ml)
- 4 c
- thinly sliced apples (1 l)
- unbaked 9-inch single-crust pie shell
- 1/2 c
- walnuts, chopped (125 ml)
How to Make La Grange Maple Sugar Apple Pie
- 1In saucepan, stir together sugar, milk and water over medium heat until dissolved; let cool.
- 2In bowl and using electric mixer, beat flour with butter.
- 3Beat in egg until smooth; gradually beat in sugar mixture.
- 4Add apples, tossing to coat. Spoon into pie shell; sprinkle with walnuts.
- 5Bake in 425F (220C) oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350F (180C) and bake for 40 to 45 minutes longer or until apples are tender and filling is set.
- 6Let cool on rack.