Kiwi Kicker Icebox Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 3/4 cgraham crackers, crushed
5 Tbspmelted butter
4 cdiced kiwi
4stalks of lemongrass
1jucie of 1 lime
1zest of 1 lime
How to Make Kiwi Kicker Icebox Pie
- Peel and chop Kiwi into chunks. Chop off the tops of the lemongrass and discard. Chop up the fragrant bottom half. Place the chunks into a cheesecloth pouch and tie shut.I used a mesh tea infuser. In a medium saucepan, bring 3cups of the kiwifruit, lemongrass, lime juice and zest and the sugar to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar and spread the lemongrass flavor throughout.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cornstarch and water, set aside.
- After the mixture comes to a boil, remove the lemongrass pouch, or tea infuser stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook 2 additional minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining cup of kiwi. Pour into the pie shell.
- Top with additional sliced kiwi if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight.