KISS Key Lime Pie
This recipe was published on-line but I can't remember the name of the web site.
Any unskilled baker can make this recipe!!!
Some people like whipped cream on their pie [they say it cuts the tartness], so I'll include it on the recipe. But my personal taste says "eat it plain & pucker up"...
- 14 oz cans eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- egg yolks
- 3/4 c
- nellie & joe's key lime juice [use this brand, it's worth it]!
- 1 c
- heavy cream [optional for whipped cream]
- vanilla to taste [optional for whipped cream]
- powdered sugar to taste. optional for whipped cream
- my pictures show a half batch. we ate it in <48 hours.
How to Make KISS Key Lime Pie
- 8Wisking yolks, milk & juice. You can wisk it by hand [no problem] but I prefer the consistency when I use the electric mixer using the wisk attachment. I usually wisk, working speed up to high. Then I beat for 1 full minute. I don't know if I'm being ridiculous, but I spent a whole summer trying variations to get this to perfection. "Knock on wood!" I wouldn't want to jinx it... And a bit of salt over the shoulder too. hahahaha