Keto - Low Carb (Gluten-free) Pie Crust
When rolling out crust, use parchment or wax paper. Given the lack of gluten, the crust is more fragile and may break if not handled carefully. Roll it out between two sheets of parchment / wax paper.
How to Make Keto - Low Carb (Gluten-free) Pie Crust
- Melt mozzarella cheese and 2 oz cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds.
- In separate bowl add egg whites + 1/4 tsp cream of tarter. Using a mixer mix until the egg whites peak. Set aside.
- In separate bowl add coconut flour, psyllium husk and salt together.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Add cheese mixture and room temp water and knead until blended.
- Cut dough in half. Set aside 1/2 and roll out the other half and put in pie pan.
- Bake till light brown.
- Remove from oven.
Add filling of choice.
- Roll out top crust and place on top of filled pie.
- Bake 40 mins @ 350° or until golden brown.