HONEY CRISP APPLE PIE
Rose Mary Mogan
My husband loved this pie. He had sort of hinted that he would like one so I surprised him with this tasty edition. I didn't even use butter like I usually do when I make an apple pie and it was still great.
These apples are a cross between Macoun & Honey gold, & are considered as an all purpose apple. They have a crisp sweet & slightly tart bite. Delicious
- 8 medium
- honey crisp apples washed,peeled cored, & sliced thinly
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- refrigerated pie crust,room temprature or use homemade
- 3 Tbsp
- evaported milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- white decorator sugar crystals or use regular sugar
How to Make HONEY CRISP APPLE PIE
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Wash peel core and slice apples into thin slices. This is basice Apple Pie recipe. I did a bit of research to learn about these delicious tasting apples, and found they are considered an all purpose apple, so they worked great in my pie, and are great in cakes as well.
- 3Pour sugar mixture over apples, and stir to blend in then sprinkle with the lemon juice and stir till thoroughly mixed together.
- 7Place pie plate on a shallow baking sheet to catch any potential drips during baking. Then place in preheated 425 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, you may want to cover the edge of pie with aluminum foil to prevent over browning of the edges. Then continue baking for an additional 30 minutes, or until top crust is golden brown.