Shirley's chicken pot pie
2 1/2 csmall chunks chicken cooked
1 ccarrots, canned
1 1/2 cpotatoes, small chunks cooked about half way done
1 cpeas, canned
3 cchicken stock
1 Tbspfresh thyme
1/2 cmilk or half -and -half
How to Make Shirley's chicken pot pie
- In a oven going frying pan .I use a 12' iron skillet or 2 1/2 quart casserole baking dish .melt 1/3 cup of butter stir in flour and salt & pepper add chicken stock and milk stir until mixture boils and thickens,Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- Keep hot in frying pan or baking dish.Parpare your crust for the top
- 1 cup of flour, 1/2 tsp salt 1/3 cup lard or butter 2 or 3 tbsp ice water
- combine ,flour ,salt .cut in lard to make crumbly mixture.sprinkle with 1 tbsp of cold water tossing with fork to mix ;repeat until flour is moistened. and can be pressed in a ball wrap in plastic or wax paper for 5 min.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out about 12 to 13 in put on top of your hot chicken mixture dot with butter. Slash crust to vent. Bake in a 350 oven for 45 minutes.