Homemade Cheezy Chicken Pot-Pie*
- 1-2 lb
- boiled chicken or turkey
- 3 can(s)
- canned mix vegetables
- 3-4 can(s)
- flaky biscuits-store bought
- 4 can(s)
- cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1/4 slice
- cheese-velvetta preferred
- 2 each pinch
- salt and pepper
How to Make Homemade Cheezy Chicken Pot-Pie*
- 1Boil chicken or turkey, til it begin to seperate from bone.Add a pinch of salt & pepper(Note) You may add onion or garlic powder as well.The easiest way is to use boneless chicken breast.
- 2While chicken boils, oil your deep dish ot skillet of choice(to be placed in oven. Remove flaky(I PREFER BUTTER FLAKY BISCUITS) biscuits from can and seperate in half place them in the lightly oil dish,place in oven when chicken has started to fall off the bone.
- 3in a pot mix cream of chicken or broccoli, strained mixed vegetables,cubbed velvetta cheese,cook on low heat, cover with lid. Remove boiled poultry from stove, pour broth in container keep chicken thats in the bottom of pot,you may need some for later allow poultry to cool,or to touch.
- 4while waiting on chicken, place biscuits in oven this will be the bottom crust of your pot-pie,you may place biscuits around your dish(your choice)brown biscuits til done. Now start removing poultry from bone or shredded chicken breast into mixture of soup and vegetables. season to taste,becareful soup and cheese contains salt so don't over do it.
- 5Remove biscuits from oven,and begin spooning in you soup& vegetable & poultry mixture on top of browned biscuits once its all in cover the top of mixture with remaining cans of buiscuit, til it is totally covered on top. BAKE FOR 25 to 30 minutes(til buiscuits are brown and fully cooked.