Egg Nog Custard Pie, Great Grandma Kennedy's
My father loved this pie! I made it for him for years... when he became diabetic, I made it without sugar and used substitute. My oldest brother Jim would say... "My oh my... Diet Pie!" lol
This recipe brings many fond memories of my family and all the love...
Play with your food! xo
- 5 large
- 2 c
- condensed milk (or half canned milk and half whole milk)
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp
- rum (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon (optional)
How to Make Egg Nog Custard Pie, Great Grandma Kennedy's
- 1Prepare your favorite pie crust and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Stir eggs, milk, sugar, rum, vanilla and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (both optional) until well blended. Pour into pie shell, sprinkle generously with additional nutmeg and cinnamon (optional), and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until set.
- 3I sometimes skipped the nutmeg and cinnamon in the pie and just put it on top.