Granny's Apple Pie
2unbaked pie shells
6 ccored and peeled apples slices
1/4 call purpose flour
1 Tbsplemon juice
1egg yolk, beaten
How to Make Granny's Apple Pie
- Place apple slices in a large bowl.
- Mix sugar, flour, nut meg, salt, cinnamon and lemon juice. Sprinkle over apples and toss lightly.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell and dot with butter.
- Remove second pie shell from tin and place on a floured board. Cut into 1-inch strips using a pizza cutter or sharp knife. Use the strips to create a basket weave crust over the top of pie. Press edges with a fork dipped in flour.
- Place pie on foil or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes in a 425 degree, preheated oven.
- Lightly brush the top of pie crust with egg yolk in the last five minutes of baking.
- Remove from oven and cool.