Grandma's Flaky Double Pie Crust
How to Make Grandma's Flaky Double Pie Crust
- 1Mix flour, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Using a pastry blender (or 2 knives), cut in the Crisco, until pea size pieces form.
- 2Add egg, lemon juice, and water, one tablespoon at a time.
Toss with a fork until dough will form a ball.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- 3Divide dough in half, and form two, 5 inch discs.
Roll a disc between 2 sheets of lightly floured parchment paper, to desired size.
- 4Carefully place rolled dough into a 9" pie plate.
Fill with fruit filling, and top with remaining rolled dough.
- 5Trim, fold, and crimp edges.
Cut a few vents in the top of the pie.
Bake at 425 degrees, for 40 to 50 minutes.