Grandma's Chocolate Pie
This has been at the dinner table for more years than I could count. Now it's at my table every Thanksgiving :)
- 2 box
- cook and serve chocolate fudge pudding (jello brand)
- 10 large
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 c
- milk (of your choice)
- 1 pkg
- whipped topping, thawed
- hershey's candy bar (shaved)
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 stick
- cold butter (cut into tabs)
- 1/4 c
- cold water
How to Make Grandma's Chocolate Pie
- 1Make Pie crust first.
Place flour and sugar in a food processor. Pulse. Add about half of the butter. Pulse. Add the rest of the butter. Pulse until the mixture turns into coarse crumbs. Through the feed tube, slowly add the ice water and pulse until the dough gathers up into a ball. If it doesn't after a few seconds, add a few more drops of ice water until it does. Take the dough and flatten it into a disc and place it on a sheet of floured plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- 2while waiting on the crust to chill.. bring all your ingredients on a stove top to a easy boil (leaving out marshmellows) Stirring always (careful not to burn your pudding)slowly add marshmallows once pudding mix is well combined, whisk til completely melted.
- 3Remove crust from fridge,You will need a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, sprayed with a little Pam and some pie weights or dried beans. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Roll out the pie dough between two sheets of plastic wrap until it's a little larger than your pie dish. Transfer to the pie dish (the easiest way to do this is to roll up the sheet of dough around the rolling pin, transfer the rolling pan to the pie plate and unroll). Gentle press the dough down into the pie plate. Crimp the edges decoratively and dock the bottom of the dough with a fork or your fingers.
Line the pie with a sheet of tin foil. Place either pie weights or dried beans in the pie plate. Gentle press down the pie weights so they fill in the bottom of the plate. Bake for 15 minutes. Take pie out of oven and gently remove the sheet of tin foil with the pie weights. Place pie back in oven and back for another 15 minutes. Check the pie dough and, if you see any large bubble forming, spear it with a knife tip.
- 4Once crust is completely cooked and cooled, place pudding mixture into pie pan. Set in fridge until ready to serve, right before serving, spread whipped topping onto the top of your pie, and shave Hershey's candy bar, onto the top of the pie, slice and serve!!!!! I hope you enjoy my family's tradition with your family and friends!!!!!