Grandma Catherine's Blueberry Pie
- 3 c
- fresh blueberries
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- 1 dash(es)
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh or conentrate
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- double pie crust recipe
- 1 c
- butter flavor shortening
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp
- cold water
DOUBLE PIE CRUST RECIPE -MINE
How to Make Grandma Catherine's Blueberry Pie
- 1Combine berries, sugar, flour, salt, and lemon juice.
- 2Fill an 8 or 9-inch pastry-lined pie pan with the blueberry mixture.
- 3Dot top with butter, then add the top crust. Slit the top.
- 4Bake in a 400o oven for 40-50 minutes.
- 5For the crust, use your favorite recipe or try this one...
- 6In a bowl add the flour, salt, and shorting. Use 2 table knives or a pastry cutter to cut the dough.
- 7Add the water and then cut the ingredients until the dough comes together.
- 8Divide into 2 balls. Roll out each to fit the pie pan.
- 9Fill and cook as directed above.
- 10Place on top crust and slit. Bake as directed.
Using a pastry brush, brush the top with milk. Sprinkle the top with granulated sugar.