Grandma Catherine's Blueberry Pie
3 cfresh blueberries
1 Tbsplemon juice, fresh or conentrate
2 Tbspbutter or margarine
1double pie crust recipe
DOUBLE PIE CRUST RECIPE -MINE
1 cbutter flavor shortening
1 tspkosher salt
6 Tbspcold water
How to Make Grandma Catherine's Blueberry Pie
- Combine berries, sugar, flour, salt, and lemon juice.
- Fill an 8 or 9-inch pastry-lined pie pan with the blueberry mixture.
- Dot top with butter, then add the top crust. Slit the top.
- Bake in a 400o oven for 40-50 minutes.
- For the crust, use your favorite recipe or try this one...
- In a bowl add the flour, salt, and shorting. Use 2 table knives or a pastry cutter to cut the dough.
- Add the water and then cut the ingredients until the dough comes together.
- Divide into 2 balls. Roll out each to fit the pie pan.
- Fill and cook as directed above.
- Place on top crust and slit. Bake as directed.
Using a pastry brush, brush the top with milk. Sprinkle the top with granulated sugar.