Graham Cracker Pie II
How to Make Graham Cracker Pie II
- Finely crush the graham crackers. Add the melted butter; mix well. Reserve 4 tablespoons crumbs. Line an 8-inch pie pan with buttered crumbs, pressing into shape. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Soften gelatin powder in 1/4 cup water. Make a cooked custard of milk, egg yolks, sugar and salt (cook milk, egg yolks, sugar and salt, stirring constantly, until custard will coat the spoon that you are using to stir); add vanilla and softened gelatin. Cool custard.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold beaten egg whites and whipped cream into cooled custard mixture. Pour into cooled pie crust. Sprinkle top of pie with reserved graham cracker crumbs. Cool several hours before serving.
- One-fourth cup drained pineapple may be added to custard.
- NOTE: This is an old recipe, from 1967, when people did not have the concerns about raw eggs that many people have today. You might want to look for a pasturized egg product instead.