German Pecan Pie
4large egg whites
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspbaking powder
1pinch of salt
1 cpecans, chopped or halves
·Baker's semi-sweet chocolate squares or other chocolate for grating
1 - 8oz pkgCool Whip
How to Make German Pecan Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put crackers in a Ziploc bag.
- Crush until you have an even fine grind.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Slowly add sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt until blended.
- Stir in crackers, vanilla, and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- When cooled, cover with Cool Whip.
- And, sprinkle grated chocolate on top. Keep in refrigerator.