★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Fried Pie
- 1Mix all the dry ingredients; cut in the shortening
- 2Mix egg and milk together. Pour over dry ingredients. Combine until it forms a soft ball. This dough is good for pies with a lot of liquid.
- 3Pinch off a piece of dough the size of a walnut.
- 4Roll in circle.
- 5Put 1 tablespoon fruit in the circle of dough.
- 6Fold over and seal. Fry in deep oil at 350 degrees till golden brown.
- 7NOTE: You can cook dried fruit down by adding water and cooking till it forms a thick sauce and place on the dough circles.
Substitute canned pie filling