★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Fried Pie
- Mix all the dry ingredients; cut in the shortening
- Mix egg and milk together. Pour over dry ingredients. Combine until it forms a soft ball. This dough is good for pies with a lot of liquid.
- Pinch off a piece of dough the size of a walnut.
- Roll in circle.
- Put 1 tablespoon fruit in the circle of dough.
- Fold over and seal. Fry in deep oil at 350 degrees till golden brown.
- NOTE: You can cook dried fruit down by adding water and cooking till it forms a thick sauce and place on the dough circles.
Substitute canned pie filling