Glazed Berry Pie
How to Make Glazed Berry Pie
- 1Wash 1 quart berries, crush 1/2 berries, using potato masher. Add 1 cup water to crushed fruit, and heat to boiling.
- 2Force through seive. Mix 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; add to seived fruit. Cook, stirring constantly, boil about 5 minutes, until thick.
- 3Add 1 tablespoon butter, and cool. Drain the remaining berries well. When glaze is cool,place remaining berries in baked 9-in. pie crust.
- 4Cover with cooled berry glaze. Chill about one hour. Serve pie topped with whipped cream.
- 5If desired, garnish with fresh berries.