Fresh Pear Cobbler
The batter cooks up around the pear pieces and makes a yummy crust. So good! Especially good when it's still warm.
How to Make Fresh Pear Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan. mix 2 cups fresh pear with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place butter in a 2-quart baking dish and place in the oven to melt.
- Stir 1 cup sugar and flour and Chinese five spice together and mix well. Slowly add milk and continue to stir to prevent the batter from lumping.
- Remove baking dish from oven and pour batter over the butter in the baking dish. DO NOT STIR! Spoon fruit on top of batter, the gently pour about 3 Tablespoons of the cooking liquid evenly on top. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.