Fresh Peach Cobbler
- 3 lbs. ripe fresh peaches or 6 cups drained, thawed,frozen peach slices
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp.cornstarch
- 1/2 cup each of water,sugar,all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
How to Make Fresh Peach Cobbler
- 1Heat oven to 400*, Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole.Peel and slice fresh peaches. Place in greased casserole. Stir in lemon juice. In 1-quart saucepan stir together brown sugar and cornstarch.Gradually add water,stirring until cornstarch is dissolved.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, 5 minutes. Pour sauce over peaches in casserole. Set aside 1 tsp sugar.
- 3To prepare topping,in medium size bowl, stir together remaining sugar,flour,baking powder and salt. With wooden spoon,stir in butter and egg until a soft dough forms.Drop spoonfuls onto peach mixture(topping will spread as it bakes). Sprinkle with reserved 1 tsp.sugar.
- 4Bake cobbler 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling bubbles. Cool slightly on wire rack. Sprinkly with additional sugar if desired. Serve peach cobbler warm or at room temperature.