Fresh Fruit Pie Filling
- 1 c
- sugar or splenda
- 3 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 -3oz pkg
- jello (flavor to suit flavor of fruit)
- 2-4 c
- your choice of fresh fruit strawberries, raspberries, grapefruit, etc.
- single baked pie crust
- whipped topping or canned whip cream
How to Make Fresh Fruit Pie Filling
- 1Wash and trim fruit or thaw frozen fruit of your choice. The amount of fruit you will need is enough for one pie and depending on the size of fruit that's the amount of fruit you will use 2 to 4 cups of fruit. Fruit must be WASHED,TRIMMED,SLICED, DRIED, and SET ASIDE, ready to be place in pie. It's very important to dry and drain your fruit. This helps you to keep your pie from getting soggy from excess juice and water.
- 2Combine sugar or Splendorous, corn starch, salt & water into 2 quart pot and heat medium to boil until thick and stirring frequently so there are no lumps.DO NOT BURN! Reduce heat and simmer about 10. Then add JELLO and food color stirring till JELLO is dissolved and color is even.
- 3Pour small amount of hot liquid filling to coat and cover the bottom of pie(this helps your pie from getting soggy too)and begin to arrange your first layer of fruit on top of filling then pour more filling again this time to coat and cover your fruit completely, repeat this process until you have filled your pie finishing with filling mixture to completely cover and coat your pie.
- 4Let the filled pie set and chill for at least an hour or more. Serve with your favorite whipped topping!
GOD bless you and your family where love is served.