Fresh Blueberry Pie
Tara Guthrie Lucas
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Fresh blueberries are delish in most anything, and this blueberry pie recipe is right up there! It's baked perfectly with just the right balance of sweetness from the sugar and tartness from the blueberries and lemon. Using a prepared crust, makes this super easy to whip up. Top with some freshly whipped cream and you have one delightful dessert. The Test Kitchen
- 1 pkg
- refrigerated pie crusts for a double crust 9-inch pie (Pillsbury)
- 1 c
- white granulated sugar
- 1/3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 c
- fresh blueberries (2 pints), rinsed, dried, and stems removed
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- additional sugar
How to Make Fresh Blueberry Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 9-inch pie pan with half of pastry (1 crust). Set aside.
- 4Cut second pie crust into strips to create lattice. Top pie with lattice following directions on pastry package. Trim and flute edges as desired. With a pastry brush, brush top of pastry with milk and sprinkle with sugar. To prevent over-browning, cover edge of crust with strips of foil or use a pie crust shield.
- 5Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil from edges (or pie crust shield). Bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve warm or cool. Great served warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.