Fool Proof Coconut Cream Pie
How to Make Fool Proof Coconut Cream Pie
- Set up a double boiler.
- To the double boiler, add the first three ingredients, cream of coconut, marshmallows, and milk. Melt together. Mixture may be foamy.
- Add 2 cups of the coconut to the now melted mixture. Place mixture in the fridge until cool
- While the mixture is cooling, toast the remaining coconut on a cookie sheet in the oven, 375 degrees. Watch closely, once its starts to turn golden, take out. It will burn very quickly.
- Take the cooled mixture out of the fridge, and stir. Fold in the 2 cups of whipped heavy cream (stiff), until completely incorportated. Put completed mixture into the pie shell. (there may be some left over)
- Top with toasted coconut. Chill at least 6 hours.