Florida Keys Key Lime Pie
There are many variation of Florida Key classics, some made with flakey crust, but this is my favorite one. It is creamy, tart lime filling and topped with whipped cream and a wonderful garnish.
This is a stock picture for now till I put mine up.
You are welcome to add yours too.
- 1 1/2 c
- graham crackers, crushed (about 20 sq)
- 1/3 c
- butter, softened (rm temp)
- 1/4 c
- cane sugar
- 4 large
- egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 2/3 c
- lime juice, fresh
- few drops of green food coloring
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp
- sugar superfine
LIME ZEST AND LIME SLICES FOR GARNISH
Serve with lime slices, you may want to sprinkle a bit of suger on the limes.