Farm Fresh Peach Pie
1/4 cbrown sugar
4 1/2 csliced, peeled peaches
1pastry for a double crust pie
1/2 tspground cinnamon
2 tsplemon juice
How to Make Farm Fresh Peach Pie
- In large bowl, combine sugars with peaches. Mix gently. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Line pie pan with bottom crust. Drain peaches, reserving juice.
- In small saucepan, combine cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually stir in juice. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and butter.
- Gently fold in peaches. Pour into bottom crust.
- Cut remaining crust into lattice strips and make into a lattice top crust. (Or you can leave whole, if you wish.)
- Cover edges loosely with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling begins to bubble. Cool on wire rack.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.