Farm Fresh Peach Pie
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 4 1/2 c
- sliced, peeled peaches
- pastry for a double crust pie
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Farm Fresh Peach Pie
- 1In large bowl, combine sugars with peaches. Mix gently. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- 2Line pie pan with bottom crust. Drain peaches, reserving juice.
- 3In small saucepan, combine cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually stir in juice. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and butter.
- 4Gently fold in peaches. Pour into bottom crust.
- 5Cut remaining crust into lattice strips and make into a lattice top crust. (Or you can leave whole, if you wish.)
- 6Cover edges loosely with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling begins to bubble. Cool on wire rack.
- 7Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.