Esponjado de Maracuya (Passion Fruit Mousse)
When I make “Esponjado” (means fluffy in Spanish) I think of my mother who died back in the early 90’s. She was not much of a cook, but loved making this easy desert as it was very tasty for us. Always looked forward to have her make things like these as she was not in the kitchen very often. It can be used to fill a pie with a graham cracker crust. Yummy!
- 1 c
- concentrated passion fruit juice
- 1 can(s)
- condensed milk
- 1 c
- boiling water
- envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 large
- egg whites
How to Make Esponjado de Maracuya (Passion Fruit Mousse)
- 1Mix the passion fruit with the condensed milk. Dissolve the gelatin in the hot water and add to the passion fruit mixture.
- 2Beat the egg whites until they form snow peaks then incorporate into the mixture by gently folding until well-mixed.
- 3Place in a mold and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight, until firm. Remove from the mold and serve with whipped cream.