Easy As Pie Crust (Gluten Free)
1 1/2 cgluten free all purpose baking flour (i used pamela's artesan flour blend)
1/2 tspsalt (i used sea salt)
1/2 cor 1 stick margarine. (i used unsalted butter.)
4 Tbspcold milk (i used flax milk)
How to Make Easy As Pie Crust (Gluten Free)
- Combine flour and salt, then cut in the margarine using a pastry blender until you are left with a course meal. (I used my Kitchen Aid stand mixer).
- Sprinkle the milk, one tablespoon at a time while blending, until all ingredients are moist.
At this point I prepared my pie ingredients and I put the pie dough in the fridge in a plastic bag to firm up.
- Using wax paper, place dough onto one sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand, then place another sheet on top and roll to desired size.
- Remove the top sheet and invert onto the pie pan. If you make two pie crusts, use the same method to roll out the top crust. Just place it over the filling. I went a step further and beat an egg and brushed the crust with egg and then sprinkled it with some xylitol for a crunchy crust. Of course if you're making a savory pie, don't sprinkle the top crust with sugar.
- To Bake one pie crust:- Bake at 400'F for 15-20 minutes.
For a two crust pie with filling:-Bake at 400'F for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 350'F for an additional 40 minutes.
- This make one pie crust that will fit an 8 to 10 inch pie pan.