Easter/Nowruz Baked Rice Pudding
A big hit with friends & neighbors for Easter dinner; we had 5 great desserts & this won favorite!
2 ccooked jasmine rice, cooked with 3 cardamom pods & drizzle rose water
3/4 cricotta cheese or cottage cheese that is drained, patted dry with paper towels & puréed in blender *see note at bottom of directions
1 c(8 oz.) whipping cream (liquid unsweetened)
3 tsprose water
1 tspground cardamom
Sprinklecinnamon & cinnamon sugar
How to Make Easter/Nowruz Baked Rice Pudding
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.(*see note in step 4) Fill mini cupcake tins with 48 liners (two pans of 24.)
- Using mixer, combine sugar through "dash cinnamon" in the ingredient list. Mix well, then stir in rice (I remove cardamom pods after rice is cooked, and before adding rice to rest of the ingredients.)
Use a small measuring cup to fill cupcake tins with mixture.
- Sprinkle with a touch of cinnamon, top with almonds, and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Mine browned a bit too much on the bottom this way, so next time I will lower the baking temp. and adjust the time.
- *Note: when I adapted this recipe, I halved the amount of liquid from the original...SO, I think next time I won't worry about draining the cottage cheese. The extra liquid shouldn't hurt it.