Dutch Carmel Apple Pie
The only thing that makes it better is to add a scoop of home made vanilla bean ice cream like I have done here
- pastry for a 2 crust pie
- 6 c
- apples, peeled, cored, and sliced. two different kinds of apples will add good texture
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- ccaramels, unwrapped, and melted in microwave
How to Make Dutch Carmel Apple Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl toss the apples with the lemon juice, then the flour.
- 3In a small bowl mix the sugars, spices, and salt together.
- 4Roll out a pie crust, and place ina 9 inch pie pan.
- 5Mix tthe apples and spice mixture together and pour into prepared pie shell.
- 6Melt caramels in microwave and drizzle over apples.
- 7Dot butter over caramels.
- 8Roll out second crust, place over pie.
- 9Seal all arouund crust.
- 10Make slits in center of crust.
- 11Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden