Dutch Carmel Apple Pie
The only thing that makes it better is to add a scoop of home made vanilla bean ice cream like I have done here
·pastry for a 2 crust pie
6 capples, peeled, cored, and sliced. two different kinds of apples will add good texture
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 Tbsplemon juice
20ccaramels, unwrapped, and melted in microwave
How to Make Dutch Carmel Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss the apples with the lemon juice, then the flour.
- In a small bowl mix the sugars, spices, and salt together.
- Roll out a pie crust, and place ina 9 inch pie pan.
- Mix tthe apples and spice mixture together and pour into prepared pie shell.
- Melt caramels in microwave and drizzle over apples.
- Dot butter over caramels.
- Roll out second crust, place over pie.
- Seal all arouund crust.
- Make slits in center of crust.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden