★★★★★ 1 vote5
How to Make Dutch Apple Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425F.
- 2In a large bowl combine apples, white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3Place 1 puff pastry shell into a pie tin, then pour apple mixture into the shell.
- 4In another bowl blend flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter with your fingers to make coarse crumbs.
- 5Sprinkle over apples evenly, reserving about 1/4 for later.
- 6Cut remaining puff pastry shell into strips and weave over apples, pressing the ends into the pastry overlapping the edge of the tin.
- 7Pinch the pastry decoratively, then sprinkle remaining sugar crumbs over the woven pastry strips.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes, then remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.