Dried Apricot Pie
It is beyond delicious, and very easy!
Slightly tangy and quite sweet! I think it would be fantastic a la mode with vanilla bean ice cream. :-)
1pastry for 9 inch pie (double crust)
2 1/2 cdried apricots
2 cwater (or enough to cover, see recipe)
1 tspsugar (or less, see recipe)
How to Make Dried Apricot Pie
- Prepare pastry for double crust 9 inch pie. Line pan with bottom crust.
- Put dried apricots into microwave-safe bowl. Add just enough water to cover fruit (about 2 cups).
- Microwave for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Add sugar, cinnamon and flour. Set aside.
- Fill bottom of pastry lined pan with apricot filling. Dot with butter.
- Cover with second half of pastry, crimp and flute as desired.
- Brush top of pie crust with milk and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Cover crust edges with foil for first 15 minutes if desired, to prevent excess browning