Deep-Dish Buttermilk Chess Pie
1 3/4 cgranulated sugar
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/4 cyellow cornmeal
5large eggs,lightly beaten
1/2 cmelted margarine, (stick margarine only )
1unbaked deep dish pie shell
How to Make Deep-Dish Buttermilk Chess Pie
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Mix together buttermilk and eggs; set aside.
- Combine sugar, flour, cornmeal, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add buttermilk/egg mixture,and stir in vanilla and melted margarine.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Check pie at 40 minutes. The center should be set with a slight "jiggle".
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.