Deep-Dish Buttermilk Chess Pie
- 1 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp
- 2/3 c
- large eggs,lightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- melted margarine, (stick margarine only )
- unbaked deep dish pie shell
How to Make Deep-Dish Buttermilk Chess Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF
- 2Mix together buttermilk and eggs; set aside.
- 3Combine sugar, flour, cornmeal, and salt in a large bowl.
- 4Add buttermilk/egg mixture,and stir in vanilla and melted margarine.
- 5Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- 6Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Check pie at 40 minutes. The center should be set with a slight "jiggle".
- 7Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.