How to Make Custard Pie
- Mix all of ingredients above (except pie shell) until well combined using a wire whisk. Whisk the nutmeg in with the rest of the ingredients as it will raise to the top as the pie bakes.
- Place pie shell on oven rack and carefully pour custard into it (saves lots of spills).
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 35-40 more minutes. Knife inserted in center will come out clean, but the center of the pie will still jiggle.
- Cool pie and then refrigerate. Serve cold.