Cream Cheese Tarts
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I can remember enjoying little tarts like these as a child... They bring back so many fond memories! A perfect choice for your next brunch, bake sale, or lazy Sunday afternoon. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Cream Cheese Tarts
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup (12 total) of muffin pan.
- 2Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 3Place a vanilla wafer FLAT side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers filling each to about 1/4 inch from top of paper.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Allow tarts to cool completely before filling. When you remove the tarts from the oven, they will be puffed up, but as they cool, the center will sink, creating the perfect well to fill with a couple of spoonfuls of your favorite filling.
- 6Chill thoroughly before serving.