Cream-Cheese Cherry Swirl Pie
- 9-inch pie crust baked only 8 minutes.
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 8 oz
- pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- chocolate chips, melted
- 1 Tbsp
- 21 oz
- can cherry pie filling
How to Make Cream-Cheese Cherry Swirl Pie
- 1Heat oven to 375^. Bake pie crust in glass pie plate for about 8 minutes-until golden brown.
In large bowl, beat sugar, flour and cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until smooth; reserve 1/2 cup in small bowl. Remove bowl from mixer.
Add pie filling to mixture in bowl and stir until smooth. Pour into crust.
- 2Stir milk and melted chocolate chips into reserved 1/2 cup of cream cheese mixture. Spoon over cherry mixture. Cut through cream cheese and cherry mixture with knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion for marbled design. Turn pie plate 1/4 turn and repeat.
- 3Cover edge of crust with strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking.
Bake 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes. Cover loosely and chill at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.