- 1 1/4 c
- 6 Tbsp
- cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- cranberries (fresh)
- 4 medium
- apples (granny smith, or your baking apple of choice)
- 1 tsp
- grated orange peel
- unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar (packed, my preference is dark)
- 1/4 c
- 2/3 c
- rolled oats, old fashioned
How to Make Cranberry Apple Crumb Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, 4 Tablespoons of cornstarch and cinnamon. Gradually stir in water until smooth, then add cranberries.
- 2On medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- 3Stir in apples and orange peel and spoon into pie shell.
- 4In small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining 2 Tablespoons cornstarch. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in oats and sprinkle over filling.
- 5Bake 45-50 minutes or until topping is browned and apples are tender. Cool in pan on wire rack.