Cin's Sweet Potato Pie
I try using Splenda or Stevia when an where I can.
My family liked this one, I hope you will too.
P.S. ...hahaha, I have had more compliments on my thumb nail.
That is so funny...yes, I do my own manicures.
- 2 can(s)
- sweet potatoes, smashed (drain one)
- 2 c
- eggs, whisk (or beat)
- 1 small
- can of evaporated milk
- 3/4 stick
- butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla
- nutmeg, sprinkled on top before adding pecan halves
- enough pecan halves to cover top of pie
- deep dish pie shell
How to Make Cin's Sweet Potato Pie
- 2Preheat oven to 350 dF.
Make pie crust and bake for 5 to 7 minutes, then set aside to cool while mixing up pie ingredients.
- 3Open 2 small cans of sweet potatoes and drain one can. Mix the 2-cans together in a lg mixing bowl and smash well.
- 4In a small dish or bowl whisk the 2 eggs together well.
- 5Add eggs and all other ingredients into the bowl with the smashed sweet potatoes, (except pecans and nutmeg)..mixing well with a small electric hand mixer.
- 6Pour into pie crust, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg and cover with pecan halves.
- 7Bake for approximately 50 minutes.
You may have to cover edges of pie crust with foil to keep from getting to dark.
Remove from oven when done and let cool on wire rack.
- 8Serve as is or with whipped cream...can be served at room temp. or cold from the frig.
But however you serve it, be sure to enjoy!!!