Cin's "RASPBERRY-LIME CREAM PIE"
I HAD SEVERAL BOXES OF FRESH RASPBERRIES I NEEDED TO USE (I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO PITCH THEM OUT IN A DAY OR TWO) SOOOOOO, I MADE A PIE TODAY...IT TURNED OUT YUUMMMIE!!!
One of my original recipes....and personal photos.
- graham cracker crumb crust (ready made)
- egg yolks (save whites for later)
- 1 can(s)
- fat free sweetened condensed milk, (14 oz)
- 1/2 c
- key lime juice
- 1 tsp
- key lime zest
- 8 oz
- of fresh raspberries
How to Make Cin's "RASPBERRY-LIME CREAM PIE"
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 dF.
- 2Combine the egg yolks and condensed milk until well mixed.
Stir in the key lime juice and zest.
Stir until mixture begins to slightly thicken.
Gently fold in the raspberries.
Pour the raspberry-lime filling into the READY-BAKE graham cracker crust. Bake for 20 min's.
- 3When pie is finished baking removed from over, and turn temp. up to 425 dF.
- 4Using the leftover egg whites (saved above) make meringue.
In a med bowl beat egg whites until frothy.
Add 1/2 t cream of tartar and gradually add 3 to 4 T sugar; beat on high until thickens.
Add in 1 t pure vanilla and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- 5Put meringue all over warm pie and seal to the edges of the crust. Bake for approx. 15 to 20 min's (until beautifully golden).
- 6Cool to room temperature, then cover and put in refrig for at least a couple of hours before serving.