Chili Pie ('Sutherin' Style)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 - can(s)dark kidney beans
1 -15 oz can(s)tomatoes, crushed
1-15 oz can(s)tomatoe sauce
2 or3 lblean ground sirloin
1 csweet onion (chopped)
1 pkgchilli seaoning
1 LARGE pkgshredded three to five cheese mexican blend
1 1/2 boxjiffy mix cornmeal mix
1 cwhole milk
2 pkgdeep 9 inch flacky pie crusts
How to Make Chili Pie ('Sutherin' Style)
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, and the onion,
- open and add the cans of ingredients listed above.all the juices included.
- add the package of chili seasoning mix, optionally I add some mild peppers Like peperocinis. cut up. and a dab of hot sauce.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes until thick.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- place 9inch pie crusts into the oven for about 5 minutes until slightly brown an remove.
- sprinkle some of the shredded cheese into the bottom of the pie crusts.
- fill each pie crust evenly with the chili mix.
- mix jiffy mix with 2 eggs and a cup of milk . should be mixed until thick.
- on top of the chili mix pies, add shredded cheese thickly, then por cornmeal mix and spread evenly over the top of pie,
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes until the cornbread is nice and brown.