Chili Pie ('Sutherin' Style)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 - can(s)
- dark kidney beans
- 1 -15 oz can(s)
- tomatoes, crushed
- 1-15 oz can(s)
- tomatoe sauce
- 2 or3 lb
- lean ground sirloin
- 1 c
- sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 pkg
- chilli seaoning
- 1 LARGE pkg
- shredded three to five cheese mexican blend
- 1 1/2 box
- jiffy mix cornmeal mix
- 2 large
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 2 pkg
- deep 9 inch flacky pie crusts
How to Make Chili Pie ('Sutherin' Style)
- 1In a large skillet, brown the beef, and the onion,
- 2open and add the cans of ingredients listed above.all the juices included.
- 3add the package of chili seasoning mix, optionally I add some mild peppers Like peperocinis. cut up. and a dab of hot sauce.
- 4Cover and simmer about 30 minutes until thick.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350
- 6place 9inch pie crusts into the oven for about 5 minutes until slightly brown an remove.
- 7sprinkle some of the shredded cheese into the bottom of the pie crusts.
- 8fill each pie crust evenly with the chili mix.
- 9mix jiffy mix with 2 eggs and a cup of milk . should be mixed until thick.
- 10on top of the chili mix pies, add shredded cheese thickly, then por cornmeal mix and spread evenly over the top of pie,
- 11Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes until the cornbread is nice and brown.