Captain Jack's Rummed Peach Pie
10 largeripe peaches, sliced
1/3 call purpose flour
1 cwhite sugar
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
1 1/2 tspallspice
1 1/2 tspcardamon, ground
2rolled out pie crusts -for top and bottom
·milk for brushing crust top
·sugar to sprinkle top of crust
How to Make Captain Jack's Rummed Peach Pie
- In a large bowl, cut the sugar, spices and cornstarch into the flour. Cut the butter into the flour mix.
- In a separate large bowl, toss/gently stir the rum and peaches to coat.
- Add the peaches to the flour mix and toss to coat again until each slice has some of the flour mixture on it.
- While you preheat the oven to 400 degrees, lay your bottom pie crust in a pie pan (I prefer glass) and then pour, heap the fruit into the bottom crust.
- Add the top crust and crimp your edges. Brush the top of the crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Make 4 or more inch-long slits in your top crust so that steam can escape. I normally do a slit for each 15 min mark on a clock face - so one at noon, one at 3, one at 6, etc.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins
- Lower the temp of the over to 350 degrees and bake an additional 40 mins - leave the pie in the oven after the bake time ends, until the oven is completely cool. Slice, serve and enjoy :)