How to Make Butter Tarts
- cut pie pastry into 4 inch rounds, using a pastry cutter or jar at that same width. ( I have a family recipe for pie dough that can be made ahead of time and stored in fridge, or store bought is also fine.) line an ungreased muffin tin with each pastry round and set aside. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter with mixer. Add light brown sugar until well mixed.
- Add eggs( one at a time between mixing), add vanilla and cream, until well blended.
- If you desire raisins or nuts, add them to the bottom of the pastry rounds in your tin. I mix some with both, or just nuts and plain.
- Add 1/4 of the mixture to each pastry round- the mixture should just about reach the top of the pastry, but not overflow.
- Place in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes.
the tops should be puffed up and the pastry should be golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on rake. Your tarts will deflate and form a nice light crust on the top and stay gooey on the inside. Grab Milk and Eat!