1 ptblueberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cwater divided
2 Tbspcorn starch
1/2 tspallspice, ground
1/4 boxyellow or white cake mix
How to Make Blueberry Cobbler
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine 1 cup of blueberries, sugar and 3 tablespoons of water in a pan. If you are using frozen there is really no need to add water, just cook it slow for the juices to come out naturally. Then the juice will melt the sugar. I used fresh blueberries this time around and had a hard time getting juice to come out.
- Cook on low heat till the sugar melted.
- Make a slurry with the rest of the water and the cornstarch in a separate cup.
- Add the slurry to the blueberry mixture.
- Heat to a gentile boiling.
- Add the butter and allspice to the blueberry mixture. Mix well and once the sauce is thickened let cool for about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining blueberries to the mixture and fold them in gentile.
- Pour the mixture to your pie dish, or cake pan or casserole dish.
- In a new bowl add the cake mixture and cut in the butter.
- Once the butter and cake mix resemble small crumb like pieces (much like a pie crust) sprinkle on the top of the blueberry filling. The top should be about a 1/4 thick if any thicker add a dab of butter on top.
- Bake in a oven for 1 hour or until nice and golden brown you also want to make sure the topping is cake like not batter like. Might be a safe bet to put something under your baking dish to help the occasional boil over.
- Take out and let it cool best served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to help break up the sweetness.