BLUE BELL PUMPKIN PIE (SALLYE)
It is a wonderful creamy pumpkin pie that I know you're gonna love.
- 12 oz
- can pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- chopped nuts
- 1 qt
- blue bell homemade vanilla ice cream ***
- graham cracker crust
How to Make BLUE BELL PUMPKIN PIE (SALLYE)
- 1Finely chop nuts and set aside.
Set ice cream out to soften.
***If you aren't lucky enough to live where Blue Bell is sold, use your favorite brand of ice cream.
- 2Place pumpkin, brown sugar, spices and salt in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a full boil, stirring continually with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes, until well blended and thickened.
- 3Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 4When pumpkin mixture is cool, add the chopped nuts and fold in the softened ice cream.
- 5Spread pumpkin mixture evenly into the graham cracker crust.
Cover with plastic wrap (lightly oiled on the side facing pie so it won't stick to pie).
- 6Place in freezer until firm. Serve cold.