BERRY PIE ( Diabetic Friendly)
1/3 c1/3 c. granulated sugar, divided
1 tsp1 tsp ground cinnamon
1pastry for 9-inch pie (from mix or homemade).
1 1/2 c1 1/2 c. blackberries, fresh or frozen
1 1/2 craspberries, fresh or frozen
1 1/2 cblueberries, fresh or frozen
3 tspfreshly squeezed orange juice
How to Make BERRY PIE ( Diabetic Friendly)
- BERRY PIE
Makes 9 servings
*Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C)
*Baking Sheet lined with foil.
1. In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/8 inch thick and cut into 9 pastry shapes of choice using a 3 1/2" shaped cookie cutter of your choice. Sprinkle with cinnamon mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to rack and let cool.
- 3. In medium saucepan, combine blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. Add remaining sugar and cornstarch and toss to coat fruit. Add orange juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until mixture is slightly thickened. Let cool until just warm.
- 4. Divide berry mixture among 9 individual dessert plates.
Top each with a pastry shape of choice.
- EXCHANGES PER SERVING:
1/2 other carbohydrates
NUTRIENT ANALYSIS PER SERVING:
Saturated Fat: 1g
- *Berries are rich in antioxidants and fiber. This mouthwatering pie is the perfect dessert for a special festive meal.