Belgian Sugar Pies
This was my grandma's recipe, who came to the USA in the late 1800's. She would fill her pie shell with various fruits, but my favorite was her brown sugar filling.
How to Make Belgian Sugar Pies
- Mix ingredients together. Don't knead.
- Let rise.
- When doubled, separate into 6 balls.
- Place one ball in each of 6 pans.
- Let rise again.
- Shape in pie pans, using your hands.
- Let set for a few minutes.
- Fill and bake 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- (Keep an eye on them; if they start getting too brown, put foil around the edges.)
- FILLING: Brown sugar. 2 beaten eggs. 1/2 c. milk.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over pie bottom. Mix eggs and milk together and pour over sugar.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake 325 degrees for 25 minutes.