Belgian Sugar Pies
This was my grandma's recipe, who came to the USA in the late 1800's. She would fill her pie shell with various fruits, but my favorite was her brown sugar filling.
How to Make Belgian Sugar Pies
- 1Mix ingredients together. Don't knead.
- 2Let rise.
- 3When doubled, separate into 6 balls.
- 4Place one ball in each of 6 pans.
- 5Let rise again.
- 6Shape in pie pans, using your hands.
- 7Let set for a few minutes.
- 8Fill and bake 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 9(Keep an eye on them; if they start getting too brown, put foil around the edges.)
- 10FILLING: Brown sugar. 2 beaten eggs. 1/2 c. milk.
- 11Sprinkle brown sugar over pie bottom. Mix eggs and milk together and pour over sugar.
- 12Dot with butter.
- 13Bake 325 degrees for 25 minutes.