Banana Pudding with Caramel Sauce and Nuts
- 1 1/2 c
- sugar, granulated
- 3 c
- dash of salt
- 6 Tbsp
- 6 Tbsp
- flour (level tbs.)
- egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 box
- vanilla wafers cookies (12 oz. box size)
- large bananas, sliced (more if you prefer)
- 1/4 c
- smucker's caramel sauce topping
- 1/3 c
- nuts, chopped (i used walnuts)
How to Make Banana Pudding with Caramel Sauce and Nuts
- 1Mix together flour, sugar, and salt. Combine milk and egg yolks and stir well; add to flour mixture along with butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whip. When thickened (or starts to boil), remove from heat. Add vanilla.
- 2Line the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish with the first layer of vanilla wafers; top with sliced bananas. Cover with half of the cooked custard. Repeat with a layer of cookies and sliced bananas. Top with remaining custard.
- 3Add chopped nuts to top of pudding. Microwave the caramel sauce for approximately 30 seconds. Drizzle top of the banana pudding with the caramel sauce. Store in refrigerator until chilled. Serve.