Baked Strawberry Pie
1recipe pastry for 9 inch single crust pie
3/4 cgranulated white sugar
3/4 call-pupose flour
4 cfresh strawberries, hulled
1/2 cgranulated white sugar
1/2 call-purpose flour
How to Make Baked Strawberry Pie
- Preheat oven to 400degrees. Place a drip pan on lowest shelf to catch pie juices.
- To make topping in a medium bowl, mix until fluffy the 3/4 cup white sugar, 3/4 cup flour, butter and nutmeg. ( I use a pastry cutter for this.)
- Place cleaned strawberries in deep bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour and 1 tablespoon corn starch. Gently coat berrys with this mixture; be careful not to crush berries. ( Put berries in a large ziplock bag and coat that way)
- Pour berries into prepared pie crust mounding them in the middle; mounding is necessary as the berries will sink as they bake. Cover berries with crumb topping and top crumbs with about 15 pea-sized blobs of butter. Wrap edges of pie crust with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees. and bake for an additional 40 minutes. When there are 10 minutes left of baking, sprinkle a little extra sugar over crumb topping and then finish baking.