Avocado Meringue Pie
It's a great recipe to serve at a luncheon or buffet.
- 2 large
- ripe avocados, scooped,pitted and chopped
- 1 c
- sweetened condensed milk
- 2 medium
- limes, juice of only,(reserve 1 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp
- graham cracker crust,baked
- 3 large
- egg whites
- 1 Tbsp
- lime juice,from reserved above
- 6 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
How to Make Avocado Meringue Pie
Combine all ingredients except crust in a blender.
Process until smooth.
Pour into pie shell.
Chill for 2 hours.
Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; add juice,beat in. Add sugar slowly while beating on high until stiff peaks form.
- 3Remove pie from refrigerator and spread meringue on top, being sure to seal completely to cover edge of crust.
Brown top in 375^ oven for 6 minutes or until golden.
Cool slightly and then refrigerate until serving time.