Aunt Francie's Strawberry Pie
This recipe is so versatile and easy you can do this with alot of different fruits. Sometimes I like to add blueberries in with the strawberries.
I have also used this recipe for fresh peaches too and its delish!! With the peaches, instead of using 3/4 cup water, I use 1/2 cup peach nectar and 1/4 cup water. Talk about peachy!!! YUMMMMmmmmmm!!
- 1 - 9"
- Perfect Pie Crust! or any favorite or store bought pie crust
- 1 qt
- fresh strawberries whole or peaches, sliced thick
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- water or 1/2 c peach nectar and 1/4 c water
- 3 Tbsp
- corn starch or arrowroot
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 pt
- heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp
- confectioners sugar
How to Make Aunt Francie's Strawberry Pie
- 1Ingredients, prep and cook time do not include the pie crust!
- 2Put 1/2 of the strawberries plus water into a pot and cook 3 minutes.
Mix sugar and cornstarch or arrowroot together and add to strawberries.
Mix and let come to a boil (about 5 minutes) until it starts to thicken.
Remove from head and add lemon juice (this helps to maintain the bright color of the fruit).
While strawberries are cooling, bake pie shell.
(Be sure to use pie weights or dried beans to hold the shell down)
Allow shell to cool
- 3Take the balance of fresh strawberries and spread over bottom of the pie shell.
Pour cooked strawberry mixture over the strawberries.
Chill thoroughly (about 1 to 2 hours)
- 4While strawberry mixture is chilling, in a medium bowl add heavy cream and confectioners sugar together.
Whip at high speed until firm and fluffy.
Put in refrigerator to chill.
- 5When pie mixture is chilled remove pie and whip cream from refrigerator.
Spread whip cream over top of pie.
Garnish top if you like with several left over perfect berries in the center, sliced berries, or however you wish to garnish if at all.
Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.