Apple Turnovers With Custard Pie
·3 egg yolks slightly beaten
1 Tbspvanilla extract
·4 medium baking apples peeled, sliced
1 Tbsplemon juice
2 Tbspbutter or margarine diced
How to Make Apple Turnovers With Custard Pie
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium/high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup into yolks,Return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly. Cover surface of custard with waxed paper; chill.
- Place apples in a bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice. Add butter. Combine sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch; mix with apples and set aside.
- Divide pastry into 8 portions; roll each into a 5 inch square. Spoon filling off-center on each.
- Brush edges with milk. Fold over to form a triangle; seal. Crimp with tines of fork. Make steam vents in top.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Chill 15 minutes. Brush with milk. Bake at 400 for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with custard.