- Pie Crust For Fruit Filling With Lattice Top Crust or store-bought 2-crust roll-out pie dough, cut one crust into 10 strips for lattice top
- 2 can(s)
- (16 oz each) whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 c
- cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 4 large
- golden delicious apples, peeled, quartered, cored and cut in 1/4-inch chunks (5 cups)
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Apple-Cranberry Pie
- 1Prepare and place bottom crust in 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Set aside. Place oven rack in lowest position and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- 2Stir 1 can cranberry sauce in a saucepan over low heat until melted and bubbly.
- 3Stir cornstarch mixture. Stir into cranberry sauce and simmer 1 minute. Scrape into a large bowl and stir in remaining can of cranberry sauce and the apples.
- 4Add filling to prepared bottom pie crust. Add lattice top and brush with milk.
- 5Place pie on cookie sheet and bake on low rack for 45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling with bubbles. Remove to wire rack to cool.